Tuesday 24 November 2015

CLASSIC IMAGE: THE BOY WHO WOULD BE VADER!


Having suffered extreme nerves at auditioning for George Lucas- so much so that he was physically sick both times with worry, Hayden Christensen would win over the STAR WARS director with his edgy James Dean-esque looks and star-on-the-rise acting talent to become the new young adult Anakin Skywalker for the final two sequel films of the Prequel Trilogy. The annoucement of his becoming Darth Vader soon made him an international name and placed him squarely on the covers of many worldwide magazines.

Hayden Christensen Star Wars Extra: Trying To Do My Thing - YouTube


“I was so nervous! Arriving at the (Skywalker) Ranch, I sat down and George looked over my resume for almost four minutes and just said nothing. He was just sizing me up and looked at my resume. Then we talked about life, but nothing about acting.”

Hayden Christensen talking to the UK's Film Review Magazine about his first audition, before his second with Natalie Portman - 2002

No comments: