LUKE SKYWALKER RETURNS TO THE GALAXY, FROM DECEMBER 15TH, 2017

ARRIVING IN LONDON, FROM 18TH NOVEMBER, 2016. BOOK NOW FOR THE ULTIMATE 'STAR WARS' EXHIBITION

Monday, 16 July 2012

CLASSIC IMAGE: YOU TALK TO ME, YOU TALK TO MY FRIENDS!


The little Rodian friend to Anakin, Wald (Warwick Davis), poses alongside a fine collection of his alien buddies from the Boonta Eve Pod Race, in this fun posed image taken on location in Tunisia during the filming of EPISODE I: THE PHANTOM MENACE.


 “I felt flattered and honoured just to play that small role (of Wald the Rodian). But George felt kind of bad that I was wearing a mask again, as he’d seen me do all these things like WILLOW where I wasn’t wearing a mask. So George said, “There’s another part where you can be a spectator in the Pod race,” and he put in me in there, next to Watto.”

“While we were in Tunisia, there was one day when I wasn’t doing anything, so I decided to go out to the set just to watch what they were doing. George saw me and said “What are you doing?” I said, “It’s my day off.” He then said, “I can’t have you sitting there doing nothing, go and get something on and we’ll put you in a scene-but make sure you look different!” I got a costume and hood and went into make-up and asked them to make me look different. They put a beard on me and stuff and I ended up looking like a nomad character. So I’m in that scene as well.”


“EPISODE I was a very technical film. A lot of the time, you didn’t really get a sense of what we were doing because there was so much missing during shooting. You had to rely on descriptions from the director and possibly some storyboards to get a sense of what would be added by the computer.”

WARWICK DAVIS- JEDI JOURNAL ISSUE 2.1- SPRING 2001

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An interesting thing to note in this picture is that on the right you can see the Quarren who wears a costume reminiscent of Tessek from Return of the Jedi. In the film I think you can see him walk past the door whilst Qui-Gon is talking to Watto after the race.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...