Sunday 21 April 2013

CLASSIC IMAGE: MASTER LUKE, WHERE ARE YOU?


Hiding from Imperials, near a technical alcove within the Death Star Hangar Bay housing the Millennium Falcon, Threepio and Artoo await news on their fugitive human masters, whom they've recently saved from death in the Trash Compactor.

"There were times when I didn't know how some of the actors could say their lines with a straight face. If I had a bad line I can hide behind the mask. I remember particularly the line, "Listen to them R2, They're dying and it's all my fault." Even with the mask on I cringed. But the only way to do it is over the top, to ham it up, and I quite like the way it came out."

Anthony Daniels - 1980 interview quote

Check out this fine feature on the evolving look over the years of Threepio: Original C-3PO and other Droids

And this lovely tribute from Brian Muir to the late Liz Moore, the British talent who worked on the golden droid's original sculptings: Liz Moore - a tribute - Brian Muir Vader Sculptor

No comments: