Monday 21 March 2022

'ATTACK' AT 20: INTRODUCING HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN...


"(I) couldn't define for myself what I was feeling when I found out that I got the part (of Anakin Skywalker). It was a week of just sheer bliss and I got to work." 

HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN UPON GETTING THE NEWS THAT HE’D WON THE ROLE OF ANAKIN SKYWALKER. INTRNET QUOTE - 2000 - SOURCE UNKNOWN 

“Hayden was really cast for the next movie (EPISODE III), not this movie. What attracted me to him was the fact that he had this underlying kind of James Dean angst going on. Obviously, the fun one is the next one. Because the next one is where it really pays off.” 

 GEORGE LUCAS - PREMIERE MAGAZINE -JUNE 2002

“Anakin is overly confident, and too sure of himself. A part of his mentality is if he is the greatest Jedi ever why does he have to follow everyone’s guidance? It’s that confidence that makes for the propulsion towards the Dark Side. I thought it was very well justified how he’s going to go bad. I thought in many ways it kind of paralleled how any human being would gradually, through their reaction to certain happening, actually go bad.” 

HAYDEN - STAR WARS UK FAN CLUB – JEDI JOURNAL ISSUE 3.2 - SUMMER 2002

No comments: