"EVERY SAGA HAS A BEGINNING..."

Friday 8 April 2022

'ATTACK' AT 20: FORMER QUEEN, FUTURE FREEDOM FIGHTER!

A new look to equal Princess Leia - Padme Amidala readies to fight for peace in EPISODE II.

“She’s idealistic, honest, and good, and because of that, sometimes, naïve. Padme doesn’t want to fall in love because she’s thinks she has more important things to accomplish. She sees a future for herself as a leader, which doesn’t allow for much vulnerability, which in turn is the key component of romance.” 

 “What’s more she’s no longer Queen. She’s now a senator. Which was kind of a relief to me, because for one it means that I don’t have to wear that heavy old costume. It’s very hard to concentrate when you’re in pain. On the last film, we had one headpiece that had a cord attached to the top and hooked up to a pulley. Someone would walk behind me and pull down to lessen the weight.” 

 “EPISODE I was really, really hard for me. Being 16, in London for the summer with no people my age and not knowing anyone there, that was really difficult for me. The weather was awful, and the studio was like this old factory. It was a very depressing summer. But when you’re 16 it’s easy to be selfish and go, “I’m not having a good day and I can’t deal with this!” Now I’m old enough to know this is my job. I have to put my own issues aside.” 

NATALIE PORTMAN- STARBURST ISSUE 286- MAY 2002

No comments: