Within the control centre/briefing room area of one of the Yavin IV temples being used by the Rebel Alliance, a concerned Princess Leia with General Dodonna (Alex McCrindle) and a key Rebel technician (Burnell Tucker) will soon monitor their Gold and Red Squadrons' flight to the Death Star, in a memorable photo from Star Wars.
I was sorry to hear the news that accomplished British/Canadian actor Burnell Tucker passed away earlier in the year at the age of 91. Tucker was a mainstay of all the mid-seventies blockbusters made in the UK whenever a supporting player was needed for an American role, including such greats as Rollerball, The Omen, Superman the Movie (plus Superman II), Flash Gordon, and, of course, returning as a Rebel for The Empire Strikes Back. Sadly, I'm not aware of the late Mister Tucker ever doing any signings, appearances or interviews for some unknown reason. Regardless, R.I.P., and thank you for your contributions to both Star Wars and movie history.

No comments:
Post a Comment