Friday 4 December 2015

CLASSIC IMAGE: "DELLOW FELEGATES!"


Cleverly manipulated by Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, hapless Jar Jar Binks, our worse nightmare when it comes to political affairs, takes to the Senate arena to help push through the Army of the Republic act, in a creative move from George Lucas that makes the Gungan front-of-house responsible for the galactic war ahead!

Beyond Jar Jar, Ahmed Best also got to play another unidentified alien in the senate during EPISODE I, recalling to STARLOG in 2000:   

“It’s hard to see unless you know where to look. But I saw me, so I was excited. I was at ILM shooting some stuff and they were shooting all of the extras who were playing senators. They asked me if I wanted to be a senator. I said, “Yeah, sure!” Of course, I wish they had done a close-up of me, but I guess you can’t have everything.”


No comments: