Wednesday 19 June 2019

THE 'PHANTOM' AT TWENTY: A PADAWAN DEBUTS!


"It's funny, because there are so many good bits about it (playing Obi-Wan Kenobi). The idea of being in it in the first place. I met the casting director (Robin Gurland) about a year and a half before we started filming, then met her again a year later. Then it was becoming more realistic, that it actually might be made. The nearer we got, the further down the line I got in the casting process, the more tantalizing it became. But just to be in it, and having been that little six-year old kid watching it in Scotland in 1977... then to be on set with R2-D2 and stuff... Every day there was a Star Wars moment. "Bloody hell," you say to yourself. "I'm in a Star Wars movie!" It was mad. And choosing my lightsaber. I got to choose my lightsaber handle..."

Ewan McGregor talking to Entertainment Tonight Online - 1999

No comments: