"EVERY SAGA HAS A BEGINNING..."

Sunday 29 September 2019

THE 'PHANTOM' AT TWENTY: CHANGING POLITICAL TIDES...


Palpatine's rise to Chancellor nominate and the Queen's steadfast determination to return to Naboo are the key story beats about to be filmed at Leavesden for EPISODE I, as Lucas confers with Natalie Portman and Ian McDiarmid, whilst Hugh Quarshie stays close by his scene position mark.

"George (Lucas) worked with me a lot on my acting, which surprised me because people warned me (that he doesn't actually direct all that much). I don't know where people get that idea.

Although he's a very technical director and he knows that stuff, George has a very widespread talent as a director. He can do everything. He's also really cool about making strong women characters. I don't think he does it consciously. He's the kind of guy who views women as equals and really makes them strong characters in his movies. I was thrilled to get to be the real smart and in-control one, and to kick some butt at the day's end, too."

Natalie Portman - Starlog magazine (1999)

No comments: