"EVERY SAGA HAS A BEGINNING..."

Thursday 14 November 2019

THE 'PHANTOM' AT TWENTY: LUCAS WORLDWIDE!

George Lucas on the Episode I promotional circuit- this time in Japan- 1999. Photo: Getty Images.

Its post production completed, May 1999 onward saw Star Wars: Episode One - The Phantom Menace 'escaped' into the world to be loved and hated in equal measure by expectant fans. But one important factor remains- the Star Wars saga was back anew, and pretty much back for good in the public consciousness thanks to the worldwide box office success of the Prequel Trilogy, an event that would launch a new generation of devoted enthusiasts, primarily thanks to the imagination and skills of its writer/director, George Lucas.

"Well, I had mixed feelings about being George (Star Wars) Lucas. That was a hard thing, but I did finally accept that there was probably nothing I was going to do with the rest of my life that was going to change that, that I might as well live with it. It's not the worst thing in the world."

George Lucas- Time magazine - 2005

No comments: