"EVERY SAGA HAS A BEGINNING..."

Thursday 18 July 2019

THE 'PHANTOM' AT TWENTY: LIGHTSABER DAY!

The big moment has arrived for Ewan McGregor, watched by Nick Gillard and Ty Teiger.

"So we walked down there (to the prop room), and then the props guy came out with this big wooden box... Now I romanticise this meeting, I must warn you... but I remember it was this big wooden box, with padlocks on it, which he unlocked. He said, "Are you ready?" And I said, "Yeah." He opened it up and there was like 9 or 10 different lightsaber handles. It was like going to buy a Ferrari and trying to choose which model you like!"

"There were all different shapes (of lightsabers). I mean, if you look in the film you'll see that Liam Neeson's lightsaber handle is different shaped than mine. I, however, got the first choice, and I got the sexier one!"

Ewan McGregor - Entertainment Tonight web interview - May 1999



"It was an extraordinary kind of moment. I lost myself in it. I got to choose my own lightsaber. It's a sexy one, of course."

Ewan McGregor - Empire magazine - August 1999



No comments: