Monday 5 August 2019

THE 'PHANTOM' AT TWENTY: GUIDING 'THE QUEEN'!


Escape from Naboo and a flight to the protective heart of the Republic at Coruscant looks to be the only way for Queen Amidala to save her people and planet, her actions guided by her closest Handmaiden, Padme, and venerable Jedi Knight Qui-Gon Jinn, who is suspicious of the Trade Federation's recent bizarre actions.

Playing the Queen in this scene would be British rising star Keira Knightley, who was on the film acting on and off for two weeks, and was twelve years old at the time. She also did double duties as a clothes reference model for costume designer Tricia Biggar.

With thanks to General Grievous Tributes for the screen caps. All images copyright: Lucasfilm Ltd.

https://www.starwars.com/news/a-guide-to-the-royal-handmaidens

"I loved the first Star Wars. The problem for me was because I was in it the magic had gone! But I loved the first Star Wars and my mum was really into it. That’s why I took the part-though I didn’t know what the part was when I took it. I don’t know what it would have been like if I hadn’t been in it, but the Force wasn’t the Force when we were filming it. And they didn’t have lightsabers, and that really annoyed me."


Keira Knightley - Film Review magazine - May 2005 

No comments: