Tuesday 13 August 2019

THE 'PHANTOM' AT TWENTY: A HERO'S REWARD!


How to reward the droid that saved the life of the Queen and her retinue? Well, you give him a jolly good pampering and clean-up, as Artoo Detoo gets some deserved quality time with handmaiden Padme.

"It was very much a happy cast and a fun time. The only one who didn't seem to be enjoying herself that much was Natalie Portman, who's only sixteen and very young and a little bit, well, I guess sensitive is one way of putting it. Nothing she won't outgrow with experience, but she was sort of a little drama queen, as far as I was concerned. But she's only a kid."

Kenny Baker - 1997

"So all of a sudden, I get there (Leavesden, England) and I'm working 15 hour days, and I was completely not used to it. Until Episode I, everything I did was for fun. It was my Summer break, and I just wanted to go have a good time. And it wasn't fun. It wasn't the running and jumping I thought it'd be; it was overwhelming... basically, what I would do between scenes was go somewhere and cry. When you watch the film, you can actually tell, you can see in lots of scenes that I have been crying and my eyes are red. It showed on film, and I learned my lesson."

Natalie Portman - Premiere Magazine - 2002

No comments: