"EVERY SAGA HAS A BEGINNING..."

Thursday 22 August 2019

THE 'PHANTOM' AT TWENTY: WATTO'S LITTLE HELPER!


INT - WATTO'S JUNK SHOP - DAY

A disheveled boy, ANAKIN SKYWALKER, runs in from the junk yard. He is about nine years, very dirty and dressed in rags. WATTO raises a hand and ANAKIN flinches.

WATTO (subtitled to English from Hutt speak): What took you so long?

ANAKIN (subtitled to English): I was cleaning the bin like you...
WATTO: Never mind! Watch the store.

Star Wars - Episode One screenplay by George Lucas


Jake Lloyd and George Lucas go through the scene.

"I just act like myself. We're both really good at mechanics and pretty good at science. I like to build stuff and so does he. And we both like to talk. It was probably one of the best films I've done."

Jake Lloyd  - Empire magazine - August 1999


No comments: